Tuesday 11 October 2011

Chocolate Mousse Wedding Cake



 My sister's friend got married this weekend at Rock Haven, situated between Hermanus and Somerset West. She wanted to give something special as her wedding gift, so we decided that I will make the wedding cake.


 As you can see, it wasn't a traditional Fruit Cake, but a Chocolate Mousse Cake. The wedding couple was blessed with great weather; on my way to the venue it was 30 degrees outside. As you can imagine, my nerves shot sky high, what if everything was mush and melted before the wedding started!!
Luckily my friend, Hendrik, went with me to the venue and with full blast aircon everything was still whole and set when we arrived at the venue.



This is a close up of the small cakes on the top.




Taste the difference!

1 comment: